Saturday, June 15, 2013

Solo Show at Grumpy Bert (Brooklyn, NY)

Here are photos from that show in Brooklyn. I didn't take any of these, cause I just never feel like photographing anything. They're lifted from the Grumpy Bert's website and one photo is from a very nice who I met at the opening.


photo courtesy of: Mehan Jaysuriya.

My largest painting was 16"x20". It did take about a week to make. I did have others that I could have finished but just didn't go with this large so it made no sense to bring.

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_966_grande

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_958_grande
Grumpy Bert's walls were like charcoal grey, so it punched out all the aqua greens and fluorescent reds.

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_963_grande
It was relatively an easy install. The space was 1 1/2 miles from where we were staying at so we walked over in just before noon. It took about 7 hours to finish the install, including getting lunch. 7 hours is pretty fast for us.

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_960_grande
The grid is always tricky. Thanks to my friend, Derek, we found a faster way of installing everything with always having to measure every single piece from one another.

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_962_grande

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_964_grande

deth_p_sun_grumpy_bert_961_grande
So yeah. The show is up for another two week. Here's a link to the store. The address is 82 Bond Street at Atlantic Ave.

No comments: