I haven't update this blog in a while. I was trying to finish up a project and decided that I wasn't going to do anything else until it was done. That was December 8th, and now it's the 13th of January. I'm still not done.
The above clip is going around on Facebook and I quite enjoyed it. Adobe Books in San Francisco once had an artist come in an arrange all the books by color. That was way back in 2005, and at the time I was living in LA and didn't get to see it like that. This sort of took that idea to an extra step.
Favorite Reads of 2011.
1. "The Ten-Cent Plague" by David Hajdu.
2. "Citizens of London" by Lynne Olson.
3. "Hark! A Vagrant" by Kate Beaton. You can read all of her stuff online, but in book form it's pretty awesome.
4. "True Deceiver" by Tove Jansson.
5. "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones.
6. "The Strange Case of Edward Gorey" by Alexander Theroux.
7. "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. There's a follow up book called SuperFreakonomics which isn't as sweet.
8. "The Death Ray" by Daniel Clowes.
9. "Farm Anatomy" by Julia Rothman.
10. "Wild Flowers of the World" by Barbara Everand and Brian D. Morley. I found this used for like $7. It's the best illustrated book on wild flowers I came across this year.
Favorite Movies (Old and New)
1. The Muppets (2011)
2. Wuthering Heights (2011)
3. Super 8 (2011)
4. Hanna (2011)
1. True Stories (1986)
2. Walk, Don't Run (1966)
3. Tron Legacy (2010)
4. The Shadow (1994)
1. UK: Leeds, Haworth, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oban, Bristol, and Cornwall.
2. Northampton MA, Providence, RI, Yarmouthport, MA
3. Los Angeles, CA
4. Port Costa, CA - was a funny trip.
1. Walking out onto the Moors.
2. Exploring Oban with Marci.
3. Walking around Edinburgh.
4. Having Drinks with friends after coming back from the UK.
5. LA with old friends.
This was way easier when I had a food journal to reference.
1. Jack's Outback Restaurant, Yarmouth Port, MA
2. Captain Frosty's, Dennis, MA
3. Curry Ramen.
4. Otaez, Oakland, CA
5. Gott's, San Francisco, CA
6. Sunday Roast with Jane and Al in Bristol.
7. Things the UK has that we don't: Walker's Ready Salted Crisps, Alpen, adult size juice boxes, King Rib and Tango Soda.
8. This little bakery in Cornwall that was pretty much a lady working in a garage that made the best croissants and jam ever.
9. Box Pizza, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
10. Oban Fish & Chips
This is what I wrote for 2010.