Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I See All Zine

I See All
This is my new zine. It's 32 B&W 8.25"x11" pages, with a one color blue cover. The title is "I See All". It's an alphabet zine, where each page I draw everything I could think of for each letter. The drawings are from February 2011 to January 2012. You can pick it up from me or my etsy.

ISEEALLBOOK
The title comes from this. I found this 5 volume set in a bookstore in Glasgow and bought all of them for £5. It would have cost me $120 to ship it back to the US, so I gave it to Marceline Smith who was super kind enough to show us around that day. You can see what was inside here. Marci spotted it, cause I use the words "I See It All" in my paintings, and it was also the title of my last book. Although I was already drawing my zine, it was just a nice title to reference. Cause it's a book with images of everything you could have thought of (in 1926).

I just settled on "I See All" cause it sounded better than "Alphabet Book" or "A to Z". And yeah, it just made a lot of sense.

List of Words
I compiled lists of words for every letter and tried jamming as many images as I could. Some letters were harder than other and there were a few regrets of images I forgot to draw or couldn't fit on a page. It would take about a day and a half to compile the list from Crossword websites, dictionaries, Wikipedia, ect. Making the list made me really good at Words with Friends.

Page 1
When I had to order my zines and lay it out I had 6 extra pages so I didn't know what to fill them up with, so I put this herring bone pattern in for 4 of them.

Pages 2 & 3
Filling up another page with a random drawing.

Pages 4 & 5

Pages 6 & 7

Pages 8 & 9

Pages 10 & 11

Pages 12 & 13

Pages 14 & 15

Pages 16 & 17

Pages 18 & 19

Pages 20 & 21

Pages 22 & 23

Pages 24 & 25

Pages 26 & 27

Pages 30 & 31

Page 30