Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Figuring Stuff Out

skeleton 7DE0CE
I'm thinking about making a print of the above image.

I'm still working on that Alphabet zine, but I'm going to have to put that aside for a while and get back into painting. I'm making out a list for "X", but I haven't got much. It took about 80 items to fill up B, and so far for "X" I've just drawn a xylophone. My dictionary is so small there's only 5 words listed under "X"; x-ray, xenophobe, xerox, x-mas, and xylophone.

This is my "X" list so far.
1. xerox machine
2. xerox transfer
3. x-ray
4. xyston (ancient spear)
5. xylithol crystals
6. x-wing fighter
7. xanthic (yellow fish)
8. xebec (sailing ship)
9. xeme (Artic gull)
10. Pulsating Xenia (it's an undersea plant) I don't don't know if this counts.
11. x-mas tree
12. Xoanon (wooden image of a god)
13. Xyrid (herb)
14. xanthareel (yellow eel)
15. xenops (tropical bird)
16. xerocopy (it's a photocopy)
17. xiphias (sword fish)
18. xiphosura (horseshoe crab)
19. xiphopagus (conjoined twins joined by a band of flesh on the torso)
20. xylocarp (hard fruit, like a coconut)
21. xylograph (wood carving for printing)
22. xyster (it's a surgical instrument that scrapes bone, but I can't seem to find an image, and all the images I find are kind of hard to look at).
23. x-acto knife ( don't know if this counts).
24. Xigua Watermelon
25. Xanadu
26. X-Box 360 (kinda iffy)

If you know of any "X" items I can draw that isn't an element, a compound, or a whole species of any animal like an anteater or yellow fish, please send that information my way.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are a bit of a stretch, and most are proper nouns

xyston (weapon)
XX chromosomes
Xiaoping, Deng
Xanadu (film or city)
Xerxes
Xanthippe
Xanax
X-Men
Xbox 360
X, Malcom

Deth P. Sun said...

thanks so much. i don't know about most of them, but i will probably draw some of them when i get desperate.

Brendan said...

...Xigua watermelon.

Deth P. Sun said...

thanks, brendan!

Ben Sweeney said...

What about using Xenophobe as in the classic arcade/NES game?
http://www.retrocpu.com/nes/games/x/xenophobe

Also, they called the aliens from the Alien movies xenomorphs.

And there's always Xena The Warrior Princess!

Mike Mehiel said...

That would be a rad print, is that original still floating around anywhere?

Heres a few more:

xiphium iris


and also somewhat of a stretch

xenolith - a piece of rock of different origin from the igneous rock in which it is embedded

xenotransplant - a surgical procedure in which tissue or whole organs are transfered from one species to another species

Deth P. Sun said...

thanks guys! i'll research those and see if I can come up with anything. my back up plan is to just draw all the x-men.

Deth P. Sun said...

Mike, I forgot to answer your question. I have the original, but I'm still using it.

Mike Mehiel said...

Well if you reach a point where you don't need it anymore I would love to own it!

nico said...

ain't nothin wrong with yer back-up plan. love back-up plans.

Anonymous said...

Xylophone

Josh E said...

Xat
Xingu
Xipe
Xenon

Deth P. Sun said...

Sweet, thanks. I finished that drawing.