Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Figuring Stuff Out
I'm thinking about making a print of the above image.
I'm still working on that Alphabet zine, but I'm going to have to put that aside for a while and get back into painting. I'm making out a list for "X", but I haven't got much. It took about 80 items to fill up B, and so far for "X" I've just drawn a xylophone. My dictionary is so small there's only 5 words listed under "X"; x-ray, xenophobe, xerox, x-mas, and xylophone.
This is my "X" list so far.
1. xerox machine
2. xerox transfer
4. xyston (ancient spear)
5. xylithol crystals
6. x-wing fighter
7. xanthic (yellow fish)
8. xebec (sailing ship)
9. xeme (Artic gull)
10. Pulsating Xenia (it's an undersea plant) I don't don't know if this counts.
11. x-mas tree
12. Xoanon (wooden image of a god)
13. Xyrid (herb)
14. xanthareel (yellow eel)
15. xenops (tropical bird)
16. xerocopy (it's a photocopy)
17. xiphias (sword fish)
18. xiphosura (horseshoe crab)
19. xiphopagus (conjoined twins joined by a band of flesh on the torso)
20. xylocarp (hard fruit, like a coconut)
21. xylograph (wood carving for printing)
22. xyster (it's a surgical instrument that scrapes bone, but I can't seem to find an image, and all the images I find are kind of hard to look at).
23. x-acto knife ( don't know if this counts).
24. Xigua Watermelon
26. X-Box 360 (kinda iffy)
If you know of any "X" items I can draw that isn't an element, a compound, or a whole species of any animal like an anteater or yellow fish, please send that information my way.