Friday, December 10, 2010

Arkansas Black Apples

Arkansas Black Apple
We picked up two of these at Berkeley Bowl today. They're very pretty and are super crisp. They were part of the produce special.

This winter my favorite apple is the Braeburn Apple, which I guess originated from New Zealand. One of it's offspring is the Jazz Apple which I don't particularly like. Last year I went through several apples testing which one's I like, but I pretty much settled on Pink Ladies and Braeburns.

I get into conversations of favorite fruits a lot these days. I don't know if it's a turning 30 thing or a Berkeley thing. But, yeah. If you're in a grocery store you should go for one of those Braeburns.

I grew up hating apples cause all I ever had were Granny Smith, Red Delicious, and McIntosh Apples. Last year I went through a tried a new one every week and make a note of why I liked it or not. I think I watched a documentary on Apples and since there was such a variety there had to be one I like.

I know pears are related to apples, and I kind of like them sometimes. But only with pork chops.

BTW Marci's been looking for a Pink Pearl Apple but we haven't found one yet. Here's what it looks like:

I got the image from here.

No comments: