Friday, June 18, 2010

Sketchbook


I'm documenting and uploading images of my sketchbook. You can see them online here. Hopefully I'll keep drawing.

When I was in college I used to use my sketchbook like a real sketchbook, and I'd fill about 5-8 pages a day. But I ended up drawing the same stuff over and over again. Another reason why I'd fill 5-8 pages a day was cause I never drew with pencils, so there was so erasing or redrawing.

When I was 25 I started drawing with pencils and it's pretty sweet. But it's kind of tedious redrawing something twice. So yeah. Now a days I don't really randomly start drawing cause I sort of have to economize my time, so it takes me a few days to finish one page, sometime. The other day I finished three pages in one day and was kind of amazed.

I don't know if how I feel about how slow things go for me now. I used to be a really big believer in drawing as much and as fast as you can, but I don't know. I kind of like taking my time with things these days.

No comments: