Friday, April 9, 2010

Moe's Books


I should be paintings instead of buying books but Marci's car was in the shop and she had to make her way over to campus with a ton of books so I went with her to help carry some of them. By the way, if you live in the bay area, and you're looking for a painting teacher, you could have Marci be your teacher through the ASUC.

But yeah. I pretty much had 2 hours to kill so I killed them in Moe's Books. I found 3 more of the Edward Gorey Doubledays there, and the guy at the counter discounted them for me for no reason other than maybe being just very nice. The average I pay for a used book at Moe's is just under $2. But yeah. I found "The Awkward Age" by Henry James (the last of 4 of the Henry James books illustrated by Edward Gorey) for $3, "Selections from the Writings of Kierkegaard" for $2 (I found out that the Kierkegaard section is 4 shelves instead of just 2; I still have to find "Fear and Trembling"), and $1 for Basil Willey's "The Seventeenth Century Background".

No comments: