Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Food Journal

Food Journal 17
Thursday, December 31st - Monday, January 11th.
Of Note:
1. New Years Eve- Marci and I went to go see The Fantastic Mr. Fox at the Mall. We ate at Zhao's Noodle House, which actually wasn't all that bad for being mall food.
2. Taqueria Monte Cristo- We used to go to this place a lot cause it was open late when we first were going out. So it's been about 5 or 6 years since we've last ate here. It was pretty good. I got a chorizo and potato burrito.
3. Hoppin' John- We had people over for movie night (Evil Dead) and served Hoppin' John. It's traditionally a New Years day dish, but we ate it on the 5th.
4. I got a Roy Rogers at Ben & Nick's for Alana's going away. It's basically a cherry coke. I'm taking a break from caffeine, and it was my first coke in a while. I haven't had a cup of coffee or a coffee drink in a really long time. It's kind of weird. It takes me a while to get up, but I don't have a job, so it's not like it really matters. I don't really get all that tired during the day, though, and I used to take a mid-day nap but I don't do that as much anymore.
5. Egg in the Basket. It's when you cut a hole in your toast, and cook an egg over easy in it.
6. Moro Blood Orange are back in season and will be till mid-April. US Mineola Tangelos are also in season. I picked up a few at the produce today.

No comments: