Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dracula Lives

Dracula Lives
Had to wait till light to take a photo of this painting I finished last night. It the panel I put phosphorescent green on a while back. I couldn't think of anything to put on it so yeah, I didn't draw anything on it till last week.

It was kind of hard to draw on it with a pencil. The phosphorescent green is kind of hard to draw on, quite rough, and it ate a lot of lead. When I tried erasing the pencil marks it just smeared lead over the panel. Halfway through I just soaked the panel and wiped away all the pencil marks. I then put a layer of medium down and then it became really easy to draw on. Uh, I probably should have put the medium down in the first place, so it was kind of a dumb mistake. It's weird cause it's the same paint I used on paper, but I think the paper soaked in the paint differently, so I didn't have any trouble drawing or painting on that surface.


This is what it looks like at night. Well, kind of. It's a bit brighter, and I'm just using a point-and-shoot camera.

No comments: