Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Phosphorescent Green

glow in the dark
Kind of funny. It's really bright. Like it glows in the light when I charge it next to a light bulb.

glow in the dark 1
I still have a panel to work on. Half way through doing layer on the panel I started putting them on paper. I got nervous cause I thought, "What happens if I should fuck up and then I just wasted 7 days putting layers on a panel, and then I'd have to sand down?"

While painting this I watched "Anti-Semitism in the 21st Century The Resurgence (2007)" which you could see in Google video and uh, "The Jewish People: A Story of Survival" which I watched on Netflix instant view. Someone on Facebook mentioned they cried to them. They didn't make me cry but they were interesting none the less.

2 comments:

Junkyard Sam said...

Wow - a whole show of these glow-in-the-darks could be really neat.

That's a cool feature of a painting to have it remain visible after the lights go off, lol. I wonder if normal light is enough to charge it?

Deth said...

yeah, a whole show wouldn't really work. they could just black light everything, but it'd be kind of weird.

i just wanted to make something with the stuff. maybe i'll make a print cause the stuff is also used for silkscreens.