Monday, July 13, 2009

"Please Vote for Me" by Weijun Chen

Why Democracy - Please Vote for Me from 自曲新闻 on Vimeo.


Uh, they added a bunch of stuff to Netflix Instant View, but I haven't been able to get to "Please Vote for Me" till now, cause I don't usually watch subtitled stuff while drawing. I think this video I found is the whole documentary which runs a little less than 60 minutes.

This short film documents an election for class monitor in a 3rd grade class in Wuhon, China. What's weird about "Please Vote for Me", is like, half-way through, you remember that China has that one-child policy, and the parents are kind of pushy and over protective. It's kind of weird thinking none of those kids have siblings.

Okay, another thing that's strange is that I've never even heard of Wuhon, but China has like 12 cities the size of New York, and Wuhon's one of them.

No comments: