Saturday, April 11, 2009

Turning 30 soon


I was going through a mild freak out even though I don't normally go through things like that. This was a different feeling. It's not like I worry about getting old, it's more that I worry about growing old while not doing the things that I set out to do when I was younger. Like that Mark Twain quote, about how 20 years from now you'll regret the things you didn't do rather than the things you did (that's not really the exact quote).

So yeah. I tried calling up a friend to complain cause I didn't want to annoy Marci cause she had been stressed about that show. There were two problems I hit. One, is that you can't talk about how you're worried about turning 30 to someone else who's also turning 30. Apparently they don't like that. Another is that you really can't complain to someone who doesn't think you have it as bad as them when they're turning 30 too. So in my quest to figure out someone to talk about turning 30, I got turned away a few times.

Eventually I just resigned myself to the fact that I have to get over it by myself. I sat on the couch and just tried to think it over. After a few hours I figured that things pretty are good, and they could always be worse, and that I should enjoy what I have. Yeah, It wasn't really much of an epiphany but really it's all I need.

No comments: