Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Steak

Made Steak for the first time.
I made steak for the first time. It was really easy. All I did was put salt and pepper on and pan fried it till it was medium rare. 4 minutes on each side. Marci made a salad and we had mash made. The steaks cost about $4.60-$4.80 each. You have to look for good marbling, or enough fat. You don't really need to, but you can put a little oil on the pan. I'm writing this mostly for myself so I can remember this for the next time. Either tonight or tomorrow night I'm going to learn how to make a burger.



I got the recipe from this book I bought at Costco for $20. It doesn't teach you everything, though. Marci tried looking up apple dumplings and I tried looking up Aqua Fresca. When strawberry season rolls around I'm going to try making that.

So to update you on what I can cook:
1. Make a Sandwich.
2. Mash Potatoes.
3. Boil Eggs.
4. Toss a Salad.
5. Fry Pork Chops &Latkas.
6. Make Eggs Over Easy.
7. Cook Corned Beef and Cabbage.
8. Grill a Cheese Sandwich.
9. Fry Bacon.
10. Grill Steak.

2 comments:

emma assin said...

mix a packet of french onion soup mix in with your burger meat + add an egg to bind it. tastes good! good luck with the cooking adventures! - emma.

Deth said...

thanks! i'll try that next time.