Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm in a group show in Emeryville and the opening is on Friday

It's put together by J.B. Lowe. I have a piece in it. It should be a good show. I need to find a ride.

here's the info:

Sci fi_ fantasy promo



www.periscopecellars.com

1410 62nd Street Emeryville, CA 94608

The Science Fiction & Fantasy Art Show
Popular Bay Area artists have contributed some of their best work for a showcase of the imagination.
Show Dates:
February 2nd -February 27th
Opening Reception:
February 6th 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Featuring the work of: Brenoch Adams, Neil Blevins, Joel Boucquemont, D. Dasari, Todd Fellows, Robert Hunt, Justin Kohn, Caitlin Kuhwald, Chris Lane, J.B. Lowe, Dave Pauls, Deth P. Sun and more.


I thought it was just a Science Fiction show so I made some random painting. I kind of wished I gave them something like I normally do, cause I guess my work would have fit in the "Fantasy" part. I should probably stop skimming my e-mails. Uh, my bad.

I went to school with J.B., as well as Caitlin and Chris Lane. It's kind of a different show than I'm normally in (in a good way). I think a few of the artist are like professional illustrators (Pixar is in Emeryville, and I think there's a guy from ILM).

It's in my old zip code near the Amtrak station in Emeryville. I haven't really been in that part of Oakland in a long while. There used to be (and there probably still is) a weird store called Kimono My House which was run by some Japanese dude and he sold Japanese toys and cult items. The last time I went there was in like 1999, and I never saw a store like it. It was at the top of this warehouse and it was like going through a maze to find it. You could see the banners from the street so you knew it was up there. We found it on my second try. It felt like a weird time capsule of Japan of the 80s, cause everything sort of stopped at Totoro and there was a lot of Godzilla stuff, and men as robots. We figured the guy probably left Japan in the late 80s and just had the store for an excuse to store all his stuff up there (we actually don't really know if that's true).

Yes, yes. I used to take the bridge over the Amtrak station to the Borders and the Emeryville International Food Court. I also used to go to that post office until I realized I could ship my paintings for less at the Long's on San Pablo.

But, yeah. that leads to, uh, if you're in the Bay Area you should go check out this show.

Sorry, I ramble, and most of it leads to nowhere.

No comments: