Sunday, December 7, 2008

Winter Crafts Fair

Evah and Brendan

CCA Crafts Fair

CCA Crafts Fair

CCA Crafts Fair

Brendan, Evah and I did the crafts fair together at CCA in Oakland. Uh, if you live in the Bay Area you can do this fair, and you don't have to be a student or an alumni. It's seriously the sweetest fair, cause it's a few blocks away from home, it's super mellow, it lasts only 4 hours, and it's free, and they give you tables. We like it more than when we did APE together, and for me it's kind of like a mini-college reunion every time I do it. Only, sadly, there are no name tags, and sometimes I forget people's names. Seriously walking down the fair is like a gauntlet of people whose names I've forgotten.

I bumped into an old friend who I hadn't seen since I was 23. She got me my first job that wasn't school related to school at a sandwich shop on Telegraph when I was 21, I bought her and our other friend Blake beer on my 21st birthday (I didn't drink, but I wanted the experience of buying something I had to get carded for), and we actually shared a table once at the crafts fair either my junior or senior year. Uh, I left a 764-Hero/Modest Mouse EP in her car once and never got it back. I don't remember if that was a great CD or not.


I got a little head from Ben Belknap who I went to school with.


And I bought a Print from Sam Handleman.


Oh, we also bumped into one of the writers from GR. And I figured out a day to play Risk with someone.

We did pretty alright for the fair. When I was in school after each fair we'd go to the Top Dog in Long's, but Zach showed up and we can't eat that sort of stuff with him, so we ended up at Rudy's instead. Which is what we did last year.




Yes, yes.

No comments: