Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The other day

Decent
On my way to the studio I realised I forgot to make a meal for lunch so I went the the 7-11 on Market and 2nd, on the North End Side (Not to be confused with the one on 3rd and Market on the South Side next to the Del Tacos, or the one three shops down from Pearl's on Market between 5th and 6th), and bought this Chorizo Burrito. It's kind of like a combination of a breakfast burrito and a California Burrito. The Chorizo was alright, It kind of looked like it had the texture of cat food, but yeah. I ate it.

The Japanese bought out 7-11 a while back and started expanding a little more in the City. Like how they opened up 3 7-11 on the same street only a few block in between. You can kind of tell the new ones from the old ones cause they have fresh produce, Japanese candy and snacks (pocky, those gummi's, assorted hi-chew, wasabi peas), and their lunch items are a little different. I don't know why, and I never really looked into it. I've never been to a 7-11 outside of the Bay Area since they got bought out so I don't know what they're like in other towns. I tried going on the East Coast but there weren't any in walking distance in either NYC or Yarmouth Port from where we were staying. When I was in LA I didn't notice a difference either. I guess cause I never really looked, that and the 7-11 I went to were in walking distance from Sawtelle.

Uh, yes.

I got to the studio and as I started working air raid sirens went off for a few minutes.
Public Service Alarm, goes off at 12 noon every Tuesday, right in front of our Studio Windows
The speakers are right out front of our windows and they go on every Tuesday at Noon.

I got this illustration job that I'm suppose to be working on. They asked me a few weeks ago, but it took them time for me to get to know what they want. I had to deal with the person handling the illustration job first and not the actual art director. It was for some Medical Magazine or something. I don't know. I didn't think I fit, but told them I could do it. All I was told is the the article was to have an illustration of cells fighting off bacteria. How do you illustrate that? So I was like, "Like, do you want me to draw Osmosis Jones?" But she couldn't tell me. But eventually after a few weeks of waiting, I found out all I had to do was draw one of my characters with a shield deflecting arrows. That sounds pretty easy.

No comments: