Monday, December 1, 2008

The Meat Loaf Cupcake

One day me and the awesome Nancy Chan were eating lunch together in the library and talking about cooking, and food in general- the sudden rise in popularity of the cupcake, our mutual love of meatloaf, etc. In a mystical moment of shared inspiration the best idea ever was delivered from above- The Meat Loaf Cupcake. We both agreed that it had to be done.
Meat Loaf Cupcakes
It turned out so good! I just used my normal meat loaf recipe (mine has lots of parsley and worchestire sauce!) and cooked it in muffin tins. When they were ready I put them in a casserole dish and applied mashed potatoes from a pastry bag. Cheddar cheese sprinkles were the finishing touch. I brought these to a Thanksgiving potluck, and I think it's safe to say that they totally blew everyone away!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You. Are. Awesome.

I must top you on this one come xmastime. You'll see.

And dude, come and visit sometime while I'm at work. We can do lunch or something. Maybe JB's?

Anna M. said...

This is truly amazing! I will have to try it too! Awesome!

adambeck said...

You are truly a genius.