Friday, December 5, 2008

California Academy of Sciences

On Monday I met up with a friend and we made our way to the new California Academy of Sciences. We got tickets for the Planetarium, and that was pretty sweet, even with Sigourney Weaver narrating it. The have an albino alligator. He lives with another gator and a giant tortoise. I don't think he's friends with the other gator.

Albino Alligator

Albino Alligator

Yes, yes.

I bought this while I was there:

Space Age Crystal Growing Kit

I don't know what crystals have to do with space, but yeah. I think I bought it (like I buy most everything) cause I really like the packaging. Like the time I bought a pin-hole camera making set.


Uh, I had it around for a while, and people would come over and ask me if I tried making it, but I only bought it cause I liked the packaging. But, eventually I did make the camera.

Paper Pinhole Camera
I've never used it though.

You can get the crystal growing kit for $7, and the camera kit for $12 if you look hard enough. Apparently there are larger growing kits. I guess you can fill a whole bucket with crystals. I don't know.

No comments: