Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making Pork Chops

IMG_2677

Slowly I'm learning how to cook.

This is the second meal I've made on my own. The first was Corned Beef and Cabbage, which was in June. I made it twice in two weeks so Marci got sick of it and I'll probably won't be able to make it for a while.

One of my favorite meals is fried pork chops so I made it. It takes about 14 minutes to make. I also fry latkes on the side and scoop out a side of apple sauce to eat the pork chops in (the best chops I've ever had was in Marin where they put thinly sliced pears on the side). Normally I don't like apple sauce, or apples, or pears, but with pork chops they're pretty supreme.

At a normal grocery store, it's about $8 for two pork chops, a can of apple sauce is about $2, latkes are $2 for 8, and to get a salad it'll probably cost you $2 or so (I'm pretending there are people like me who don't cook or know anything about properly buying groceries). I did the math, it's about $7 to feed each person with this meal, cause you don't really eat ALL the latkes or the salad, or the apple sauce. But if you wanted to, you could do that.

Yeah, yeah. I just learned how to boil an egg. I had to look up the directions online cause I wanted to do it as properly as I can. Soft boiled eggs kind of grosses me out. I like to put eggs in my salad.

If you're wondering how it took me 29 years to want to start learning how to cook, or even boil an egg, well, I don't really know how that happened. It was on the list, I've just been really busy I guess.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Dude, that's sweet! I just started cooking like 3 months ago, and if I had a reason to boil an egg, I'd look it up on the internet, too.

Just the other day, I googled, "how to cook chicken."

Gook luck with the cooking, man. We've gotta do a potluck sometime.