Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jesus Fuck


I'm going to be on Greyhound from NYC to Providence in a few weeks, and this isn't something I want to read about before I buy tickets. The last time I was on a Greyhound bus was in 1997 from Sacramento. and I sat on the back, but all I got was some heavy set dude sitting next to me. He fell asleep on me and I had to take a shower straight away cause it was a hot drive.

That was a pretty weird trip. I was going to SF State and I didn't know anyone at the time. There were buses to Sacramento for some protest, and you could get on for free. I didn't have anything to do, so I got on cause I didn't know what Sacramento was like. I hung out in the library, bought a sandwich and ate it in a park, and visited the state capital and got back on the bus before it left town. I really wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't find those buses (I found out later that at the time a ticket back home would have been $10). I even got interviewed by the school paper. You can find the article online.

A few years later I was on an Amtrak bus twice. Nothing really too bad happened then, cause no one sat next to me cause who the fuck takes the bus to Big Sur? When we were in England we had to take the Megabus. That sort of sucked but I sat next to Marci. We got yelled at by the bus driver. We actually don't know if he was mad or not. Just cause we didn't really know what he was saying.

No comments: