Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Strawberry Cobbler

Strawberry Cobbler

So I made a peach cobbler last week and it turned out really good, but I'm particularly partial to strawberries and strawberry shortcake (especially the one from Bakesale Betty) is pretty much my most favorite food ever. So anyway, I decided to try the recipe with strawberries instead. Oh man, it turned out so good! It's pretty much just a bunch of fresh strawberries with lemon juice and sugar and then topped with a double recipe of buttermilk biscuits with a little bit of sugar and some vanilla. I use whole wheat flour 'cause I like to be at least a little healthy and then I don't feel guilty about eating it for breakfast! You throw the biscuit dough on top of the strawberries and tuck it around the sides, dust it with some sugar, and then pop it in the oven. Then I made some homemade whipped cream to go with it. For my whipped cream I just use a little sugar, but extra vanilla!

Strawberry Cobbler

No comments: